24/7 HELPLINE: 724-775-0131
The shelter provides a temporary safe environment for adult domestic violence victims and their children, and is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our facility is designed to accommodate up to 24 adults and children.
Shelter residents share two living rooms, dining room, eat-in kitchen, three full bathrooms and laundry room. We have three family bedrooms, dormitory bedroom, and one accessible bedroom. A fenced playground, picnic tables and a basketball hoop are enjoyed by the families staying with us.
- Services available to residents include:
- Case management to help residents determine and achieve their goals
- Advocacy within partner organizations and community services
- Individual counseling
- Support groups such as survivors of domestic violence, self-esteem workshop, and adult survivors of childhood abuse
- Educational groups focus on safety planning, barriers and solutions to goal setting, assertiveness, positive self-image, power and control and impact of domestic violence on children
- Monthly self-care workshops addressing nutrition, building communication skills and personal fitness are offered to current and past shelter residents
- Children’s counseling, activities and a playroom equipped with educational toys and games is available
Shelter residents are provided food, toiletries, linens and emergency clothing. Internet access is available and transportation needs are provided as needed. Generous community members donate furniture and household items which are stored and provided to residents when they leave, as women and children often come in with very little.